Isolation clothing refers to protective equipment used to protect medical personnel from blood, body fluids and other infectious substances, or to protect or avoid infection. The isolation clothing should have a back opening, which can cover all clothes and exposed skin. It is often used in the operation with the possibility of blood and body fluid splashing, in the contact with the patients with infectious diseases and multi drug resistant bacteria transmitted by contact, and in the protective isolation of patients with large area burns and bone marrow transplantation. At present, most of the isolation garments used in clinic are made of cloth, which can't be worn once or discarded.
give an example
1. When cleaning vomitus for HIV infected people, medical staff are at risk of being contaminated by vomitus, so they need to wear gloves and isolation clothes.
2. Multiple resistant bacteria such as methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) and carbapenem resistant Enterobacteriaceae (CRE) are mainly transmitted by contact. Therefore, patients with multiple resistant bacteria should be isolated individually or treated with the same pathogens in a centralized manner. When performing close-up operations such as sputum suction and tracheal intubation, they should wear protective glasses and isolation clothes when polluting work clothes.
3. In the morning care for patients with diabetes mellitus and HBV, the risk of blood and body fluid exposure is low, so it is unnecessary to wear isolation clothes.
Disposable surgical clothes
At present, China has not promulgated the national or industrial standards for disposable surgical gowns. For reference, the guiding principles for the technical review of registration of disposable surgical gowns issued by the State Food and Drug Administration (SFDA X-H  No. 187). According to the guiding principle, disposable surgical clothing can be divided into standard performance and high performance. High performance surgical clothing is applicable to the operation of patients with known infectious virus in blood or unknown infectious virus in blood during emergency rescue, while standard performance surgical clothing is applicable to the operation of known patients without infectious virus in blood.
give an example
The source of exposure is the patients in the late stage of AIDS, and the occupational exposure is highly infectious. When carrying out the operation for the patients in the late stage of AIDS, the operators should take corresponding protective measures, including wearing the operation clothes or waterproof apron with the function of impermeability, wearing gloves, medical surgical masks, goggles, and wearing protective standards, so as to avoid the occupational exposure of HIV.
Disposable surgical clothes can replace isolation clothes
The disposable non-woven surgical clothing has good impermeability and bacteria resistance to the liquid, and can form a reliable protective barrier. Although the cotton isolation clothing can block a certain amount of microorganisms in the dry state, the pathogenic bacteria will penetrate through the liquid to the isolation clothing and lose the protective ability in the state of blood or humidity. From the comparison of protective ability, disposable surgical clothing is better than isolation clothing, so it can replace isolation clothing.
Due to the high cost of disposable surgical gown and the environmental protection problems when it is used as medical waste treatment, it is not recommended to use disposable surgical gown instead of isolation garment, which can be selectively used according to different operations.
Disposable protective clothing
Disposable protective clothing refers to the disposable protective equipment worn by clinical medical personnel when they contact the patients with Class A or the infectious diseases managed according to class A infectious diseases. The protective clothing should have good waterproof, antistatic, filtering efficiency and no skin irritation, easy to wear and take off, tight joint, elastic cuff and ankle opening. Protective clothing should be worn in the following situations: ① when the clinical medical personnel are in contact with Class A or the infectious disease patients managed according to class A infectious disease. ② Contact with patients with infectious diseases transmitted by air or droplets may be splashed by their blood, body fluids, secretions and excreta.
In the law of the people's Republic of China on the prevention and control of infectious diseases, infectious diseases are divided into three categories: Category A, category B and category C, among which category A infectious diseases include plague and cholera. For SARS, pulmonary anthrax and highly pathogenic avian influenza in class B infectious diseases, prevention and control measures for class A infectious diseases are also taken.
give an example
1. The novel coronavirus (middle respiratory syndrome coronavirus) is a respiratory infectious disease caused by the new type of coronavirus. 1., the Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus is a zoonotic virus. The majority of the main transmission routes in medical institutions are droplet transmission, and can also be transmitted through close contact with the secretions or excreta of patients. In order to prevent the occupational exposure caused by the splashing of blood, body fluid and secretion, the medical staff should wear protective clothing.
2. Human infection with h7n9 avian influenza is an acute respiratory infectious disease caused by A-type h7n9 avian influenza virus. The source of infection may be poultry carrying h7n9 avian influenza virus. People are infected by respiratory transmission or by close contact with secretions or excreta of infected birds. During the consultation of human infected with h7n9 avian influenza, the medical staff did not contact the respiratory secretion of the patient, nor did they have the operation of producing aerosol, and did not need to wear protective clothing.